Contact Us: 541 612 0828 and leave a message. You will have a response within 24 hours.
The following are all of the volunteer opportunities available at Cason’s Place. Or check out the Face Book page: Cason’s Place: Grief Support for Children and Families of Eastern Oregon for updates on work parties.
- Become a Facilitator Work with children, teens and adult support groups at Cason’s Place. Facilitators guide structured age appropriate activities that address the needs of those that are grieving. You’ll work with the same group of children or teens twice a month. The overall goal of the facilitator training is to teach people how to help children, teens and adults to process their feelings of grief and to provide bereavement support. The training is open to all persons; no experience is necessary. Upon completion, people interested in volunteering will be interviewed and evaluated as to their readiness for facilitating. NEXT TRAINING OCT 21 and 22, 2017.
- Volunteer Candidates Must:
- Have a heart for kids
- Complete 30 hours of training
- Complete background check
- 1 year commitment October – May
- Be 21 years old*
- One year removed from personal loss
- Training is a series of evening and weekend classes provided for you. Support groups meet twice monthly in the afternoons or evenings.
*Consideration of younger volunteers may be given at discretion of executive director
A Volunteer Group Facilitator shares,“The opportunity to witness and facilitate the grieving process in children is humbling and provided a wonderful learning opportunity.”
- Office Assistance/Support If you have organizing skills, or enjoy entering data, making copies, and helping “around the office”, this is a wonderful opportunity. Whether you have only one hour a week to give, we could use your help. Please contact us.
- Looking for Groups: Friends or Groups to perform light cleaning of the rooms twice a month.
- Special Events, Fundraising, Newsletter assistance, etc. We are always looking for people to assist us in a variety of ways with all of our projects and operations! If you have a particular interest, skill or talent you’d like to share. Please contact us.